JERSEY WAR TUNNELS
or "Hohlgangsanlage" is a complex of tunnels dug into the Jersey countryside by slave labour during the German Occupation of Jersey during World War II.
The tunnels would have had multiple roles from munitions storage, troop / equipment shelter, hospitals and many other functions. Hohlgangsanlage 8 or Ho8 was originally built as an Artillery Quarters but in 1944 it was converted to a casualty receiving station (hauptverband-splatz). It is now open to the public and has many interesting interactive displays and galleries documenting the history of the occupation.
This photo is from TRACES OF WAR JERSEY an excellent photo site giving information on the centuries of military frortificvations on the Island of Jersey.